Best BJJ GI List
To combat effectively in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, an essential element is an outfit called a Gi. The Gi is a lightweight outfit used in nearly all martial arts, and so it is a very common mistake to use a Gi meant for Karate or Judo for Jiu-jitsu. However, the weight, sleeve size, and durability of the Gi differ in each sports genre, and so it is essential that every combater know the distinct features of this Gi and the different brands available on the market.
|Image||Best BJJ GI||Rating||Price|
|Hayabusa Lightweight Jiu Jitsu||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Tatami Zero G V3 BJJ Gi||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Sanabul Essentials Version 2 Ultra Light||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Gi||Check Price on Amazon.com|
Hayabusa Lightweight Jiu Jitsu
If you are a committed practitioner of this martial art and you are in need of a Gi, this is a perfect choice for you. This is the best BJJ Gi you need for practicing and competing intensely without any worries.
- Craftmanship: Regarding the craftsmanship of this Gi, this outfit was patterned after the standard of the Hayabusa brand. It was designed with painstaking attention to detail, and no aspect of this outfit was ignored. You can place your full attention on the game as you are guaranteed of fine stitching, attractive cotton and a cut tailored to you.
- Performance: The Gi allows for intense and rigorous training of all combaters, which enhances your performance.
- Style: This outfit has a feel and fitting that are best suited to the needs of each prospective buyer.
- Build quality: A 420 GSM pearl cotton weave was used to make this Hayabusa Lightweight Gi, which gives it a lightweight feel and makes it long lasting. Furthermore, at 8 oz, the pants are light clocking, and they are a ripstop cotton polyester blend.
- The pants of this Gi has a normal drawstring that is used in securing the pant.
- Affordable Price.
- Lightweight for ultimate maneuverability.
- Reinforced stress areas
- The Gi is also very comfortable to wear with remarkable quality.
- Stitches with intricate detail to allow for high style and function.
- Some of you may prefer more patches on the outfit.
- Its design is minimal.
Tatami Zero G V3 BJJ Gi
The Tatami Fight wear brand went through months of rigorous designing and testing before introducing this particular model. Their Zero G V3 is one of the lightest and the best BJJ Gi in the world today. The Tatami brand created this BJJ Gi in collaboration with some of the world’s best athletes to ensure that the durability, fit and design of this outfit is the best it can be.
- Weight: This BJJ Gi weighs approximately 1.5 kilo which makes it be one of the unique Gi on the market today. This model has lots of features that make it an ideal outfit for competition. The high-end lightweight feature of this Gi further aids mobility as its wearer can comfortably go through several techniques without the outfit weighing him down.
- Tapered outfit: The pants and jacket of this Gi are tapered which makes the costume to be narrower around the areas of the wearer’s hands or feet. This feature makes for a better fit of this uniform, and it aids grappling. This is because your opponent will have lesser fabric to grab onto.
- Visual appeal: Apart from quality and specific features of this fighting uniform, it is also visually appealing and attractive. It was made with a kind of contrasting blue stitching; its pant panel was also designed with diagonal stitching.
- Durability: Another feature of this Gi that makes it the top choice in the market today is its durability. This outfit was a collar that was cut out from ripstop material to ensure its added strength, and on all areas of the outfit, there is heavy cotton stitching. The rooftop pants wear also designed to be tear resistant.
- Moisture absorption: To reduce the absorption of sweat, this Gi has rubber integrated into its collar and its lapel. This prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Extremely lightweight
- Reduced sweat absorption
- High quality and very durable
- Very ideal for competition
- The drawstrings are a little bit longer than is necessary.
Sanabul Essentials Version 2 Ultra Light BJJ Gi
Sanabul is a brand well-known for its high standards. It has lots of specific features that make it ideal for training and competitions. It is also a Gi that is perfect for hot weather. In fact, if you are new to BJJ or you need a new uniform, and you are overwhelmed by the different choices in the market, you can make this your choice. Considering the other models offered by Sanabul, this is the most advanced.
Lightweight fabric: To ensure that wearers get maximum comfort, the material used in making this Gi is exceptionally lightweight. Even though you are sweating in a hot condition, you can still be assured that you will be comfortable while wearing this uniform. Also, the spread of odor, bacterial and fungal infection is reduced since this Gi has gone through anti-bacterial and anti-odor treatments.
Tapered cut: Unlike so many traditional Ji Jitsu available on the market today, this Gi has a tapered cut that removes bagginess which can give your opponents a good grip of you.
Price: This Gi has been classified as one of the best BJJ Gi on the market for under $100. If you want to enjoy Jitsu and you do not have much with you, then you don’t need to worry. This Gi offers comfort, style, and durability at a lower price.
- Preshrunk Fabric
- Extremely Lightweight Pearl Weave
- Internal Drawstrings for pants
- Wallet-Friendly Price
- Lightweight materials make it tough to use in cold climates
- The emblem frays quickly
- Drawstring breaks easily compared to the other BBJ Gis.
Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Gi
Enrolling in a BJJ school will benefit you immensely, both physically and mentally. However, while purchasing an outfit, you should note that comfort should be of paramount importance. The Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ outfit was made primarily with comfort and preferred style in mind.
- Design: This Kingz Kimono is made of high quality but comfortable materials. Some of the highlights include triple stitch, a waistband, a fastening system and a drawstring. It is also available in blue, white and black colors.
- Durability: This Gi is exceptionally durable and made from pre-shrunk fabric to prevent shrinking. All you have to do is make sure to wash it in only cold water and leave it to dry.
The compact stitch embroidery of this outfit will impress you. It is high quality and comprises of tightly knitted threads which are dense, enabling them to be resistant to tears.
- Support: This outfit was designed for adequate support with its rubber incorporated collar which is tear resistant. This collar also has a quality tech EVA foam integrated into it with lines of stitching equaling six. This means that your opponent will not be able to grip easily. It also has quadruple stitching on its borders and cuffs for added comfort and strength
- Lightweight: Though this Gi from Vector Sports is highly durable, it is still lightweight. So, you can have a durable Gi which does not weigh you down while training or competing against peers.
- Odor and bacteria resistant: Vector Sports designed this Gi entirely with fabric that is anti-bacterial and anti-odor. This helps in preventing odor as well as fungal and bacterial infections.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Resistant to odor and bacteria.
- Comes with a free belt.
- Strong drawstrings for the pant.
- Compliant with IBJJ regulations.
- Slightly expensive
There is a plethora of different Gis that one can purchase and choose the perfect one can be a daunting task. Before buying any BJJ Gi either for yourself or your kid, there are some basic guidelines that you must adhere to:
The durability of the Gi
This is a very crucial factor to any Gi. You must read several reviews to ensure that the Gi you want to purchase is very durable and will last you for an extended period.
The materials used in making the Gi also matters because the quality of the BJJ uniform is dependent on that. Using a uniform with quality is necessary because it guarantees the comfort while wearing the uniform and it gives you an edge while competing.
A player can easily contract infections like fungi or bacterial infections from the uniform if the outfit absorbs so much sweat. This could also lead to body odor. So, it’s essential that you buy Gis that can absorb very limited sweat or that have gone through some treatments to prevent infections.
Of course, everyone wants a Gi that they can play in comfortably and which is easily stretchable. Hence, it is advisable you look out for the stretchability factor before buying any Gi.
The brands mentioned in this article are the market-leaders in the mixed martial arts genre. Their products are top quality and used by leading athletics in the space.
All of them qualify as the standard because they have specific features that qualify for the criteria of a top-notch BJJ Gi. Consider your budget, requirements and other aspects before you choose a Gi for you or someone else.
If you find this guide and review helpful to you, feel free to share this post with others.